Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Comment For Teacher(C4T) Assignment #1

Project #3
C4T Assignment 1
Teacher: Beth Still
Part 1
July 19 Post Summary
For part one of my C4T Assignment 1 I posted a comment to Beth Still at bethstill.edublogs.org. Beth had published a post about her experience with following people on twitter. She has been on twitter for four years and started out by only following a couple of hundred people but then she let it get out of control and started following over a thousand. She believes she has made a mistake doing this and has decided to drop back to the original number she was comfortable with and able to follow easily.
1st Comment Summary
I thanked Beth for her article and told her that as I had not joined twitter yet I appreciated her advice about only following a smaller more select group of people. I agreed with her and wished her all the best as she attempts to go back to a smaller group of people to follow.
Part 2
July 15 Post Summary
For part two of my C4T Assignment 1 I had a problem. I was supposed to comment on the same teacher as in part one but she had not posted anything new. I was instructed to comment on an earlier post so that is what I am doing. Beth Still was an ISTE proposal reviewer last year and she blogged about some of the process involved with submitting a proposal to ISTE to be included in their annual convention. Incidentally if your like me and didn't know what ISTE stands for it is the International Society for Technology in Education. Her blog while being very informative reveals her caring nature as she tries to alleviate some of the hurt individuals might feel who submitted a proposal and had it rejected. Beth even goes so far as to offer some pointers on how to make proposals more likely to be accepted but also puts a bit of realism into her blog by explaining the low acceptance percentage. All in all a very well written blog with a real human touch!
July 15 Comment Summary
In my comment to Beth this week I complimented her on her very informative blog concerning ISTE and it's convenient links to important information. I also thanked her for being human and actually caring enough, for the feelings of those individuals who submitted a proposal, to make an effort to alleviate their sense of hurt by explaining the submission process and low percentage of acceptance.

No comments:

Post a Comment